How do you know if you have strong posture? Here is a simple test:
While standing, lift your left foot and balance on your right foot. You should be able to balance for 30 seconds before you feel you need to put your foot down. Notice, do you have to shift to keep your balance?
Try it again, but this time, lift your right foot and balance on your left. Is it easier to balance on one side than the other?
If you weren’t able to balance for 30 seconds or had to keep shifting around to stay upright, you could benefit from stronger posture.
Benefits of stronger posture and improved spinal health include:
- Helps prevent back/neck ache and muscular pain
- Decreases stress on ligaments that hold the joints of the spine together
- An increased resilience to psychological stress
- A more positive self-image and greater sense of self-confidence
- Keeps bones and joints in alignment so muscles can be used more efficiently
- Helps decrease wear on joints that could otherwise result in arthritis
It’s Easy to Straighten Up!
Back Pain in Canada