Seminar application for Continuing Competence (CC) credits
To have a seminar approved for CC credit, access and complete in full our Application for CC Seminar Approval. A separate application is required for each course, session or module.
Application for CC Seminar Approval (forms updated July 2019)
Form instructions: right-click on the link and select “Save Target As” or “Save Link As and save the PDF form to your computer in order to fill it out. The PDF will allow you to save your changes. You can email or mail the completed application to the contact listed in the application instructions.
- As our forms change from time to time, ensure that you access this page each time you apply for a seminar.
- All application requirements are outlined in the package. We recommend you submit all listed requirements in one package to expedite the approval process.
- Additional dates may be added (at no additional cost or application process) to approved seminars during the current year, provided there is no change of instructors or course content.
Current seminar approval period: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020
The ACAC year runs from July 1 – June 30 the following year. We are currently in the July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 year.
The deadline for seminar application for the current ACAC year is May 15, 2020. Applications received past May 15, 2020 will not be reviewed or processed for this current period.
Seminars approved between July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 have now expired. If you wish to apply for reapproval of a seminar, all application requirements listed in our Application for CC Seminar Approval must be submitted.
One CC credit will be awarded for each full hour of a program, seminar or course that:
- is deemed to have chiropractic clinical relevance; and
- is within the scope of practice for chiropractors in Alberta; and
- supports the Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics and Position Statements of Alberta Chiropractors; and
- supports the delivery of chiropractic care and is specific to ongoing clinical competence; as approved by the Council of the ACAC.
As criteria for awarding credit may change, the ACAC does not guarantee that a seminar approved for credit once will be automatically granted approval again. Conferences with content that represent positions that are out of scope for Alberta Chiropractors, contradict the ACAC Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics or Position Statements will not be awarded credit. The interpretation of the meaning and the intent of this information is the purview of the Registrar of the ACAC.
Chiropractors licensed in a jurisdiction other than Alberta must apply for a Courtesy Registration to instruct a seminar that relates to the instruction of a chiropractic technique or modality. Each instructor must apply for their own courtesy registration. The courtesy registration remains in effect for the remainder of the current registration year.
Application for Courtesy Registration (forms updated July 16/19)