World Spine Day & Spinal Health Awareness Month
World Spine Day is held globally on October 16 each year in order to raise awareness about spinal health and spine disorders. World Spine Day offers lots of opportunities for organizations and individuals to get involved.
In Alberta, October is also Spinal Health Awareness Month. All month long, Alberta’s chiropractors with the support of the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors work hard to educate their patients and the public on the importance of actively caring for their spinal health.
Benefits of stronger posture and improved spinal health include:
- Helps prevent back/neck ache and muscular pain
- Decreases stress on ligaments that hold the joints of the spine together
- An increased resilience to psychological stress
- A more positive self-image and greater sense of self-confidence
- Keeps bones and joints in alignment so muscles can be used more efficiently
- Helps decrease wear on joints that could otherwise result in arthritis
It’s Easy to Straighten Up!
Back Pain in Canada
Straighten Up and move!
Watch the Instructional Video
Still have questions?
Chiropractors diagnose, treat and help prevent musculoskeletal (bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, joints and connective tissues) conditions and disorders, as well as the effect they have on the nervous system. They are trained to assist people of all ages to help relieve pain and discomfort, and restore range of motion. Chiropractors also counsel patients regarding nutrition, lifestyle and exercise.