Each year, the ACAC awards a $2,000 scholarship to one student applicant. Applications are accepted between June 1 and October 30. The recipient and their college will be notified by the end of January.
The Preceptorship Program provides an opportunity for chiropractic students to gain patient experience in a clinical setting and develop a clear understanding of the ACAC’s regulatory and association requirements. As well, the Preceptorship Program allows ACAC members to pass on experience, keep up-to-date with chiropractic curricula and establish relationships with chiropractic students.
Qualifications and Limitations
- Students must be within six months of graduation from an accredited chiropractic college.
- Preceptorship students may only perform duties/activities under the direct supervision of an approved and registered Alberta chiropractor.
There are three components to the Preceptorship application, including contracts between the ACAC and:
- The student (download the contract)
- The supervising ACAC member (download the contract)
- The student’s college of attendance (download the contract)
All three documents must be completed, signed and submitted, along with requested documentation, to the ACAC for review. The chiropractor, student and chiropractic college will be informed of the outcome.