Alberta seniors have access to funding support for chiropractic services under the government-sponsored Coverage for Seniors health benefit plan.
Alberta seniors have access to an annual maximum of $200 per member every benefit year (July 1 to June 30) for chiropractic services. There is a per visit limit of $25 and all services must be performed by a registered chiropractor.
Coverage for Seniors health benefit plan
The Government of Alberta provides premium-free Alberta Blue Cross coverage to seniors for health-related services not covered under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan.
More than 90% of Alberta seniors are already enrolled in this plan (also referred to as Group 66). This coverage is available to all Albertans 65 years of age and older and their eligible dependents. Click here for more information.
For seniors who are enrolled in the plan and need a card, please contact Alberta Blue Cross.
- 780-498-8000 (Edmonton and area)
- 403-234-9666 (Calgary and area)
- 1–800–661-6995 (toll free)
- e-mail via www.ab.bluecross.ca
Seniors who are not enrolled in the plan should contact Alberta Health.
- 780-427-1432 (Edmonton and area)
- toll-free for the rest of Alberta to 310-0000 and then 780-427-1432
- dial 711 for TTY for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org