The ACAC is responsible for investigating complaints about chiropractors through a formal process as set out in the Health Professions Act:
- A complaint is made in writing and submitted to the Complaints Director.
- The Complaints Director provides a copy of the complaint to the identified chiropractor.
- The identified chiropractor will provide a response to the issues raised in the complaint and provide his or her explanation of the situation.
- An investigator may be assigned and will contact the complainant and anyone associated with the complaint.
- The Complaints Director will review the complaint information and determine if the complaint can be resolved, should proceed to a Hearing Tribunal, or must be dismissed.
To ensure a full, fair and complete investigation, complaints must be filed in writing. The ACAC accepts complaints via email, fax, or mail. To file a complaint, the complainant must provide all of the following:
- Complainant’s full name, address and telephone number.
- A detailed description of the complaint, including the name of the chiropractor.
Submit complaints to:
Dr. Brian Gushaty, Complaints Director
Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors
11203 70 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5B 1T1